Friday, December 24, 2010

An Island Christmas...

Day 4, Dec 23: The Treats of Burnie
Mostly rest today – no crazy characters. Slept in then went for a jog down the highway - avoided trucks and battled wind. Later into town for a few supplies –  and a pie – another jog this afternoon needed!
Uncle got back from mine site – coffee and catch up!
Everyone a bit sleepy!
That Tasmanian accent still prevalent about the place – instead of salt rhyming with bolt it sound more like sold. One uncle teases me for paying out the locals and says I have always spoken rather ‘proper’ – not lately...current work situation as seen my oral language degrade to filth. Cousin B insist I start talking like a lady again.
Cousin B and I burn around Burnie – up to North Burnie in fact – the look out – beautiful view. We stuck the L Plates on the Nissan and Cousin B had a drive for a bit – must remind him to log the time.
Swung around to Lactos Cheese Factory – yummy! Picked up some of my favourites – Mersey Valley Vintage – a blue for Dunny! MMMmmmm – Hellyers – but driving, so just a local ginger beer for me!
Cheese Tasting at Lactos