Sunday, January 2, 2011

An Island Christmas...

Day 11: (30/12/2010)


A quiet day today. Up, breakfast and some exercise – an hour of shaking my booty to a Zumba DVD.
I play with Beau, ‘the dog’, have a coffee and read the paper.
I decide to call Cousin T to check out her plans for NYE and also to ask if there is anywhere I can go for a gallop on a horse, within an hour’s drive – there isn’t – but plans for NYE are clearer. She and K plan to go into the foreshore. I decide to settle on a quiet one at home with Grandma and Grandad, especially since the following morning, new year’s day, I will be travelling back to Sydney.
By the afternoon Dunny gets a bee in his bonnet and wants to go to Burnie for a blind – the sunshine in the patio of an afternoon is just too much! I haven’t changed out of my exercise gear all day, or even brushed my hair. Haven’t picked up my mobile, haven’t checked emails or anything – I’m very much in holiday mode now and decide, why not, I’ll go into Burnie too. But I’m not being bothered to change.
Grandma and Grandad look around the shops. I have a snack attack and get seafood from Octopus, not just any seafood – Tasmanian calamari. OMG! Yum! But not what my body really needed. I do more exercise when I get home.
I make a trifle for desert for the following evening, when Mum and T will be back to collect me for when we return to after our roast tomorrow – another Zumba session – some sewing – some reading – dinner – relax – bed.   

No comments:

Post a Comment